Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Yet Another Argument Against Travelocity

When I cancelled our flight Monday morning, I was told we would get a bit more than $200 flight credit from each airline, good for a year.  What I wasn't told is there is a $200 change fee when you again book a flight with thos flight credits, making them worth about $60.  Nearly worthless but a good way to keep you dealing with Travelocity's barely comprehensible agents.  Next time I book entirely through the airline websites

Maybe I am mistaken, but when Travelocity started, I believe they charged the fare you would get directly from the airline.  Now I see they charge a booking fee on top of the ticket.  It isn't much but unlike traditional travel agents, who got a kickback from the airline allowing them to charge you the airline's price, now you pay extra to deal with people who I can barely understand, and vice versa.

Even more reason to skip these vampires: both United and Delta let you specify flexible dates and show you better fares (sometimes much cheaper) than Travelocity.

3 comments:

  1. I had an unpleasant encounter with Travelocity a whil back that cost me, and haven't booked with them since. Horrible customer service.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My trip to the Reno Air Races this year was over $200 more expensive than last year. But since they don't break out the Hotel and airfare prices separately, it's hard to tell where the increase came from.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mauser: part of why I check the airfare before signing up for flight + hotel.

    ReplyDelete