Tuesday, November 9, 2021

A Longstanding Complaint About Windows Was How Insecure It Was

 They now seem to have made it too secure.  I want to copy my Thunderbird profile from old laptop to new because I cannot seem to configure Thunderbird on the new one.  (Yeah, everyone should use gmaiL hotmail, or FacePlant.)  But while I can see the profile on my old PC, I cannot open the ApplicationData folder, even as admin.  I could spend the next several hours trying to figure out what I have misconfigured in Thunderbird, but it should not be this hard to see a file on my own PC.

1 comment:

  1. I just in the last couple of weeks did that - follow these directions:

    https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/moving-thunderbird-data-to-a-new-computer

    The key is once you locate the profiles shut down Thunderbird on each machine as you work on it

    ReplyDelete