Friday, October 24, 2014

HJR 2 on November Idaho Ballot

One of my readers asked ,y opinion on this amendment to the Idaho Constitution.  I intend to vote for it.

For some years the Idaho legislature starts each session by reviewing the rules adopted by executive departments of the state government, and either approving or amending them as they see fit.  This seems like a very intelligent use of the legislature's primary legislative authority.  I am guessing that someone has raised questions as to whether the legislature has the authority to do this,  As long as the executive officers of Idaho remain Republican, I don't see a great need for this explicit reservation, but it is obvious that Idaho is turning into the North End of Boise, and I could easily see a day when flaming leftists control some of these offices.  Hence, giving this authority explicitly to the legislature seems a good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment