Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Would You Like To Kill "May-Issue" Concealed Weapon Permit Laws?

I need six to ten activists willing to commit about three to four hours each to help with a research project.  This is in support of an amicus brief that our experts believe is likely to reach the U.S. Supreme Court.  My take is that the particular fact pattern and law being challenged makes this an exceptionally strong case for striking down "may-issue" concealed weapon permit laws in the few benighted states that have not yet gone "shall-issue."  If I sounds like I am a little too sure of myself: remember, D.C. v. Heller (2008) and McDonald v. Chicago (2010) both cite my work, and I was an active participant with the malcontents that won those suits.

While preparing my part of this brief, I found a body of evidence that is relatively large, but will enable us to demolish the arguments advanced in support of "may-issue" laws.  However: it's a lot of data, and I need some activists interested in spending some time Googling (and ideally, using Nexis if you have access to it) for some specific information.  You will not need any specialized knowledge to do this; I can explain what we need, and how to do it, quite quickly.  I would like to have everyone get this done by the end of Memorial Day weekend.

This will be a freestanding paper, which the amicus brief will reference because it would otherwise make the brief too long.  Everyone who assists on this freestanding paper will be credited as research associates.  

For obvious reasons, I am not going to explain what you will be doing in a public forum.  Please email me at Firstname at FirstnameLastname.com, and tell me something that shows me you are a serious gun rights person, and not part of the enemy camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment