Sunday, April 29, 2018

When AI Isn't Enough

I mentioned that I had listed the Colt 4x20 scope for the AR-15 on eBay?  Remember those?  Beautiful, slides into the carry handle and requires no rezeroing when you take it out and reinstall it.  I already have five bids currently at $235.

I also listed a Bushnell 4x-12x40mm BDC scope.  I mentioned in the very detailed description that the BDC dial for it was supposed to be the same for .223 and .308 FMJ, which seemed unlikely, but worked with my AR-15 and M1A.  So eBay rejected it because:
Due to numerous laws and regulations regarding the sale of assault weapons (including parts and accessories for assault weapons), these items aren't allowed on eBay.
You may list accessories that would fit a variety of different weapons, such as scopes and sites. However, if you sell these items, you can't mention assault weapons in your listing.
But a scope listed as for an AR-15 (and mine is not the only such example), are not a problem.  So I relisted it without the naughty words AR-15 and M1A.

I notice there is a Report Item link that I suspect some gun control nut clicked, who has no idea what the Colt 4x20 scope is for.  Thank goodness our enemies do not know anything about what they are trying to ban.

2 comments:

  1. "Due to numerous laws and regulations regarding the sale of assault weapons (including parts and accessories for assault weapons), these items aren't allowed on eBay."

    Someone ought to tell them that there's no actual regulations about selling scopes, at least not any normal scope to an American purchaser.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They know that. They are just being SJW.

    ReplyDelete