Thursday, May 11, 2023

I Have Asked This Question Before...

 But perhaps a new reader knows the answer.  In Windows 10 you could select a directory on one PC and share it with Everyone on your LAN.  Windows 11 improved this to make it too complex for my little brain to handle.

I am on my wife's PC, and I select the Documents folder.  Then I say Properties->Sharing->Share. It asks what users to add.  There are no choices.  How do I tell it that I am who is supposed to have access?  Where is this magic list of users located?

2 comments:

  1. I'm far from expert and dont have W11. When I want to share files on my LAN I put them in /users/public, not in my own /users/"me" directory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/file-sharing-over-a-network-in-windows-b58704b2-f53a-4b82-7bc1-80f9994725bf#ID0EBD=Windows_11

    ReplyDelete