Friday, December 23, 2016

Physical Therapy

I went to physical therapy today.  The therapist said my right pelvic bone was rotated by the ice collision, and the muscles attached are now screaming because of it.  He did some sort of adjustment that felt good or at least did not hurt, massaged the creaming muscles, and gave me some exercises to do.  It's better.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a chiropractor. As was described to me by a chiropractic clinic owner, it is as much an art as a science. He had two others working for him, and he told me he had trained them to do things the same way he did (all had the appropriate schooling and licenses to start with). Still, only one was effective in adjusting me. The owner was so-so, and the third would leave me in worse shape than I arrived in. All of them seemed to do it the same, but for me, the strongest, most forceful input (Doc was a BIG guy, and I'm not) gave the best results. That was not universal among the patients.

    My point is, if at first a chiropractor doesn't seem to work, try another.

    BTW, a D.O. is a Physician that had chiropractic training in place of some of the normal MD schooling. I don't recall the details.

    They tend to make better General Practitioners than MD's do, as they pay more attention to your body, than the clipboard the MD is staring at.