Saturday, December 16, 2017

Bluetooth for My Wife's Jeep

I bought this a few days ago; it plugs into the AUX port on the stereo, and allows your Bluetooth-equipped phone to talk through the stereo.  It has a microphone in the unit that at least in the garage seems to do a fine job of picking up my voice.  Still experimenting to see how to make it automatically answer an incoming call, see if it will respond to voice commands.  Downside is that it precludes use of the USB drive for my wife's many CDs.  I suppose I can copy them on to her phone, and figure out how to control playing them by voice command.

Only downside of this unit is that it was supposed to be new, but is clearly a return and thus lacked instructions.  I found them on the maker's website and it was as painless a pairing as I have ever seen.

1 comment:

  1. That looks like it'll do the job, Clayton!

    I keep forgetting that modern cars have things like "aux" inputs- my ancient Buick has CD & Cassette, but no other inputs at all, so an item like this one wouldn't have worked for me.

    Apparently the flashing blue BT led is an annoyance at night; easily solved with black electrical tape if it's irritating for you.

    This is the one I have, and it works extremely well, and I'm very happy with it. It tunes into the FM radio (at a frequency you choose:)

    https://www.amazon.com/Transmitter-Bluetooth-Wireless-Hands-Free-Smartphone/dp/B06X9K9X1G/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1513461863&sr=8-16&keywords=bluetooth+fm+transmitter+for+car

    ReplyDelete