Monday, April 8, 2013

Time To Add Your Phone Numbers to the National Do Not Call Registry

When this was first created some years ago, I added all my phones to it, but these expire every few years.  I just received a robocall on my cell phone from some ambulance chaser seeking clients injured by Yaz.  So I re-registered all my phones.  It isn't perfect, but it is better than nothing.  Go here to do so.

UPDATE: A reader who clearly follows such things says that the law was changed in 2007; if you do the registration now, it will never expire.

1 comment:

  1. Your registration will not expire. Telephone numbers placed on the National Do Not Call Registry will remain on it permanently due to the Do-Not-Call Improvement Act of 2007, which became law in February 2008.

    Note that expiry is, thus, no longer the case.

    This should be the last time you ever have to do it.

    ReplyDelete