Saturday, February 3, 2018

My Emotional Support Peacock

1/31/18 Fox News:
Birds of a feather may flock together, but United Airlines recently shot down one traveler’s request to bring her emotional support peacock on a flight departing Newark Liberty International Airport.
Live and Let Fly reported earlier this week that even though the unidentified woman claimed that she had a second ticket for the peacock, the airline denied her request.
The video over there of her carrying this creature into the airport alone will show the problem.  What about my emotional support Chilean condor?  As a commenter complained:
Damn. Now I can't bring my therapy cobra on the next flight.

2 comments:

  1. On Facebook Glenn Reynolds posted a video of a coyote on a bus. Amy Alkon's comment: "Emotional support coyote. (He's already polished off the emotional support peacock.)"

    https://www.facebook.com/glenn.reynolds.94/posts/10215960644555520

    ReplyDelete
  2. I somehow doubt the Airline would let me bring my 18" therapy cactus on board, either (A cactus as therapy might be thought unusual, but I began carrying it as a coping device when riding on the subway).

    ReplyDelete