Thursday, August 14, 2014

Chess

My friend Terry Allen Hoover came over to  day to play chess and force synaptic rewiring and brain repair.  I haven't played chess in years and I wasn't great at even whn in preparartioen I participated in sanctioned tournaments when I was in high school.  It definitely stretched my brain.  Remember that if youneed   instruction for a conealed weapon permit,Terry can do that. 

My neurologst says that have about 30% of right leg function back  and perhaps 10% of right arm function back.

The 4-6 weeks in rehab estimate was apparrently a worst likely case estimate for the insurance company.

5 comments:

  1. One word of advice:

    Crossword Puzzles.

    (If you noticed that's two words, you're ahead of me already.)

    I've found (in my dotage) it's a Great way to exercise both my intellect, and my motor skills. Frustrating, yes, but still rewarding.

    Here's the other half of the advice: I've found that it's more satisfying if I do NOT check my answers when I finish the puzzle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my limited experience with therapy from dealing with my broken right arm, it seems 80% of the results happen in the last 20% of therapy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In my limited experience with therapy from dealing with my broken right arm, it seems 80% of the results happen in the last 20% of therapy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to hear you're recovering, and I hope you keep on improving.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to see you back on line. Wishing you a speedy and complete recovery. PT is difficult but way better than the alternative.

    ReplyDelete