Sunday, July 13, 2014

My Brother Ron Just Died

My mother has been his caretaker for a number of years, and we just assumed that he would outlive her, but that was not to be.  He has been suffering some intestinal distress for the last couple of days, and suddenly died on the couch at the home they share in Oregon.

Don't expect much posting for a few days while I head to the funeral.

UPDATE: Thanks to all for kind words and prayers.  I try to remember the brother who taught me to read, took me on my first airplane flight, and worked with me on making guncotton and distilling alcohol over a kitchen stove using beakers and condensers.  That brother died long, long ago, replaced by one who was tormented by mental illness.  He is doubtless at peace now.

21 comments:

  1. My deepest sympathies for your loss, and your mother's. I'll say a prayer for him, and for all concerned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clayton,
    I'm sorry for your and your family's loss. I've been trying to write something to bring comfort and found it an exercise in futility. Just know that I will pray for your brother as well as you and your family tonight.
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for peace for you and your family. And may Ron finally find peace as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deepest sympathy for your loss. Be strong as you can for your Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My deepest sympathies on your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My condolences to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Condolences to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Prayers, blessings, and sympathies Clayton. Matthew 5:4.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sorry for your loss, Clayton.

    ReplyDelete
  10. May G-d comfort you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry to hear that. My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thoughts and prayers for God's comfort for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Our sympathies and prayers go out to you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Clayton, You and your family have my sincerest condolences on the loss of your brother. I trust Ron has found the peace he couldn't find in this life.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry to hear about this. May he rest in a better place.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Clayton,
    Me, too. (echoing the above, what can be added?)

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm sorry to hear of your loss. Our prayers will be with you tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So very sorry for your loss. Prayers for your mother, and the rest of your family.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just caught up to this. I am sorry to hear about your brother's death. Best wishes to everyone in your family.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am sorry to hear of your loss and hope you have all the help you need in this trying time.

    ReplyDelete