Thursday, July 23, 2015

I Guess I Don't Have an Unreasonable Amount of Ammo

From July 22, 2015 CBS Sacramento:
LOS ANGELES (AP) – An attorney said Wednesday that the body of a mystery man was decomposing in his car in the tony Pacific Palisades neighborhood in Southern California for nearly two weeks before he was found by authorities on July 17.

Inside his home, detectives discovered more than 1,200 guns, scopes, 6.5 tons of ammunition, bows and arrows, knives, machetes and $230,000 in cash.

They also found eight of the 14 vehicles registered to the man stashed across Los Angeles, including a Toyota SUV designed to drive underwater.

Okay, 6.5 tons of ammo is a bit much.

9 comments:

  1. This story just keeps getting better. The underwater car is a new twist. And the number of cars.

    Maybe he really was a secret agent. Or a superhero. We'll have to wait and see if they find a hideout. And maybe a bat suit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's around 10 lbs of ammo per gun. Seems a bit marginal to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meh. A land cruiser with a snorkel kit....

    And 6.5 tons of ammo is a good start..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet the "SUV designed to drive underwater" turns out to be something like "a LandCruiser with a snorkel", ie, "something that can cross water a few feet deep", not really "drive underwater".

    1,200 guns? I'm slacking, obviously.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suppose he had ammo for several M2s? Any significant amount would end up being rather heavy. And, if he had one of these, the ammo can get ridiculously heavy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I had 1,200 but my credit card is already got too high of a balance and I have far fewer than that. WAAAAH!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I won't bother you with all of my thoughts on the article. One thing you may be interested in: Larry Lessig -- though he is prominent and was molested -- isn't gay.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jonathan: Thanks, the article indicated Lessig was having trouble with heterosexual relationships. What's your take on the data: wild coincidence, or do molesters have predictive gaydar that tells them which children are going to be gay?

    ReplyDelete
  9. 13,000 pounds of ammo. That might be a lot, unles you're expecting war to come to you. For its volume, 22 is pretty heavy. The other calibers, not so much. I've never picked up .50 BMG, so I can't compare with that.

    ReplyDelete