Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Scanning Old Tax Returns

I am scanning 1992 through 2003 tax returns, so that I can throw away all the old file folders that contain not only the tax returns but all of the associated paperwork, spare IRS forms, and odds and ends it sort of fell into those folders. It is hard to believe: I used to be a highly paid professional.

The only consolation is that my tax returns used to run to 60 to 80 pages including the California tax return. I had several Schedule C businesses, schedules associated with AMT, and too much involving stock options.

1 comment:

  1. Good idea. I did my annual document shredding yesterday, looked at the pile of old tax return envelopes, and thought about doing something constructive with them, briefly. A chore for another snowy day.

    ReplyDelete