Sunday, June 5, 2022

I Assume Boise's Drought is Over

It has been raining for, it seems, a week.  The lightning storm this evening is quite majestic.  I can see why Martin Luther abandoned his original ambitions and swore to God that he would become a priest after a lightning storm at night in a forest.  I am inside, dry, with a puppy on either side, and with the advantage of five centuries more knowledge I also find myself seeing the power and majesty of God.

That opening to Bach's Tocatta in D-Minor that everyone thinks of as the Dracula theme?  Bach meant it to convey the power and majesty of God.

2 comments:

  1. Is it thought of as the Dracula theme? I always think of Rollerball.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Showing your generation. Wow, that was an impressive film.

      Delete