That opening to Bach's Tocatta in D-Minor that everyone thinks of as the Dracula theme? Bach meant it to convey the power and majesty of God.
Conservative. Tennessee (now). Ex-Idaho. Software engineer. Historian. Trying to prevent Idiocracy from becoming a documentary.
Email complaints/requests about copyright infringement to clayton @ claytoncramer.com. Reminder: the last copyright troll that bothered me went bankrupt.
Sunday, June 5, 2022
I Assume Boise's Drought is Over
It has been raining for, it seems, a week. The lightning storm this evening is quite majestic. I can see why Martin Luther abandoned his original ambitions and swore to God that he would become a priest after a lightning storm at night in a forest. I am inside, dry, with a puppy on either side, and with the advantage of five centuries more knowledge I also find myself seeing the power and majesty of God.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Is it thought of as the Dracula theme? I always think of Rollerball.
ReplyDeleteShowing your generation. Wow, that was an impressive film.
Delete