Sunday, June 19, 2022

Because I Cannot Learn to Use Any CAD Program to Draw Things...

I am going old-school using what Mr. Pound tried to teach me in Mechanical Drawing class in 7th grade.  I have no T-square but while searching for one on Amazon, I suddenly realized that a combination square could do the job.  But that requires a pretty thick pad of paper.  Also, it takes a T-square with readable numbers. 
And this is marginal.   I ordered an American-made T-square made by Westcott.  It is cheaper from them but their website is not currently accepting orders and $3 vs. $5 will disappear in shipping charges.

If you wonder why I am having trouble (which surprises me greatly; calculus proofs were my last insurmountable obstacle, but lots of trivial software is post-stroke not so easy), I just started LibreCAD, drew a rectangle and could not figure out how to change length and width.

2 comments:

  1. Heh. I'm with you. I actually used CAD on Evans and Sutherland terminals at Douglas, in the very early 1980's, and kind of used autocad, but cannot figure out these modern 3-d things.

    I used to use visio, but microsoft has 'improved' that to the point of uselessness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This will help. https://www.amazon.com/Ampad-Evidence-Engineering-Sheets-Squares/dp/B000EFJ6VU/ref=sr_1_9?keywords=engineering+paper&qid=1655739899&sr=8-9

    ReplyDelete