Monday, October 14, 2019

Doubt You Need Them

https://www.ebay.com/itm/202800146228

telescope rings

These came off a Photon Instruments refractor. They are 4.878" (122.84 mm) inside diameter at the hard rubber foam. The thumb screws that came with it were M6x1.0, but at some point I either cross-threaded or stared at them too harshly. I have tapped the holes to 1/4"-20 and put in thumbscrews. The hole in the base for mounting to your dovetail was also M6x1.0, but because I suspect my buyer will be in America, I tapped those holes 1/4"-20 as well.

Aluminum. black crackle finish. If you need too mount a 5" refractor to your Losmandy dovetail, a great choice. These will easily go in a Priority Mail box. Have them in 3 days or less.




But I just figured out a use. The little telescope rebuild has a 4.5" OD tube. Cut a couple of 4.5" ID, 3/16" wall pieces and glue them to the tube.  Apply rings.

No comments:

Post a Comment