Monday, January 6, 2014

Today's Weird Question

Imagine a rectangular base about two feet by two feet by two inches thick.  I would like to attach a metal bracket at each corner -- held in place by tension.  The metal bracket would be essentially a corner that fits on to the bottom of each corner of the base.  I could certainly make these corners by bending aluminum or steel, then using a small screw to hold them together.  But I suspect that someone already makes something like this: a corner of metal perhaps an inch high or so.  Any suggestions on what it might be called?

UPDATE: A reader pointed me to this: a corner brace that is very nearly a perfect match for what I want.  I will still need to screw a block to the bottom for mounting the casters, but this is a big step up from having to make it myself.

No comments: