Sunday, November 17, 2013

Springfield Armory National Historic Site

We drove to Springfield, Massachusetts Saturday to visit the Springfield Armory National Historical Site.  It is a free museum showing both the range of firearms that were made here and the manufacturing techniques and devices that were developed and utilized here.  If you are in the area, well worth visiting.  There was a nice little 15 minute video about the history of the Armory and its part in advancing manufacturing techniques which sufficiently impressed my wife and I that we bought a copy, which I will use the next time that I teach U.S. History.

I took gobs of pictures, but I don't have the cable for transferring pictures with me, and this notebook doesn't have an SDHC reader on it.  (I could have brought the SDHC to USB converter, but forgot.)

No comments:

Post a Comment