Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Sutures Removed Today

At least the external sutures that were for the chest drainage tubes.  The ones under the skin for the hole where they spread the ribs and did the remote work are self-healing, which means that I can still feel them when I breathe.  Not wonderful, but not terribly painful, either.

I have my own blood pressure monitor, primarily so that we can decide whether one of these blood pressure lowering prescriptions is actually necessary or not.

I should get permission to return to work part-time, remotely, in the next day or two.  It will be a couple of weeks before I can drive.

UPDATE: I spent 51 minutes on the treadmill (first attempt at typing that came out "dreadmill" -- a rather Freudian slip).  Top speed was only 2.5 mph, but the goal is to get everything back in condition without overdoing it.  Afterwards, blood pressure was 120/77, at least partly because I am still taking the calcium channel blocker amlodipine.  The physician's assistant who saw me today indicated that I could try removing that from my daily dose as long as my top blood pressure stayed below 125.  I'll try this tomorrow, and see if blood pressure still remains in an acceptable range.

1 comment:

  1. You had sutures! Wow, they just stuck some gauze and tape on me with the reassurance that they would heal fine. They did, finally, but they looked nasty for quite some time.
    Moo

    ReplyDelete