Friday, August 9, 2013

Annoying Aspects of the Situation

At this point, the major unpleasantness of my situation consists of:

1. Coughing up phlegm (or trying to) makes my muscles (especially the ones that are trying to repair themselves) hurt.

2. My employer hasn't signed all the right paperwork for me to resume work on even the limited hours that the doctor has approved.  This is mildly concerning, because I am pretty sure that I have run through all my sick leave and vacation pay, and shortly I will cease to get paid.  Worse, I will then have to start paying for health insurance.  This is especially irritating because I am easily capable of putting in a few hours a day at my day job.

2 comments:

  1. Clayton,

    Ensure that you are drinking a lot of water, and check with your primary care provider to see if Guaifenesin is appropriate. It is an expectorant (Mucinex or generic)drug sold over the counter and taken orally to help liquefy secretions (phlegm) and assist in effective coughing (expectoration) from the airway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The doctor already approved use of Mucinex, and yes, I am seeing the difference today.

    ReplyDelete