Saturday, April 13, 2024

Another Nice Aspect of the New House

I have long been frustrated by the thermostats in every house we have owned.  There is a switch for cool, heat, and neither.  If you want the temperature below a certain temperature or above a certain temperature, that is easy.  But this is the first thermostat that is smart enough to stay in a particular range changing from heat to air conditioning to stay in the desired range.  Of course, at the moment, I just open a couple windows and everything is perfect.

4 comments:

  1. what is the brand and model # of your Tstat?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It says Honeywell Home. I cannot find a model number.

      Delete
  2. When I moved into my new house a few years ago, I installed a Nest smart thermostat immediately. One of the reasons is it gave this option to automatically switch between cooling and heating systems, which is really useful in Texas springs and falls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ours has done that for years. It has a setting called "Auto."

    ReplyDelete