Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Backing Up Windows Applications

My Lenovo is starting to act a bit odd.  Lenovo technical support said I should reinstall Windows and sent me a CD.  Of course, reinstall means reinstalling all my applications afterwards, which is a bit of a chore.

Windows has a way of backing up apps but not applications.  There are programs out there that will do the application backup and restore but searching for it has been frustrating because all the search strings I use match backup and restore of files and Windows app backup.  Have you seen such programs?

It appears this is it.  No.  I bought the lifetime updates version and it charged me twice.  When I tried to backup my applications, it said I needed to upgrade to the Pro version.

PCMover seems to be the right solution.  Of course, now that I am transferring the applications to an archive, everything is working just fine.

Weirdly, the odd screen flashing and lockups are not happening now that I am getting ready to make it regret its misbehavior.

A few hours later and all the weirdness is gone.

1 comment:

  1. "Weirdly, the odd screen flashing and lockups are not happening now that I am getting ready to make it regret its misbehavior."

    Or perhaps not weirdly. Old horses always seemed to know when the man from the glue factory was on the ranch.

    ReplyDelete