Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Windows 10 Made Sharing Files and Folders Easy

 Windows 11...no.  What I can find by Googling says select and right click a folder you want to share, More Options, Give Access, and I selected Everyone.  When I try to open from another PC in my network, it says that I do not have permissions.  Under Advanced network settings, I have turned off Password protected sharing.

Does anyone know how to make this work?

As I hunt for a solution, it appears that many people are having this same problem.  You can share through Public folders but no others.  How do real companies survive this mess?  I also find that Microsoft shows File Explorer having a ribbon that I do not have.

I have always shied away from Linux because it was sufficiently user-friendly for my wife, but Windows 11's inability to share is putting me in that same box.

1 comment: