Saturday, March 13, 2021

Those New Gun Buyers

 3/13/21 NPR:

SIMON: Do you feel when you were a gun control activist, you were wrong?

FANAEIAN: I don't think I was wrong because it is true that there is a problem with mass shootings in America. It is true that gun violence needs to come to an end. What I don't agree with are the stances that I and the organization I was affiliated with took. The positions were largely to ban AR-15s. They would largely be to ban assault rifles. They were largely to make it incredibly, incredibly hard for everyday working-class people to access firearms. And that is not something that I agree with in any sense now. I absolutely believe that working-class people should have access.

And I believe no matter how weird your sexual ideology is, you have a right to self-defense.

No comments:

Post a Comment