Wednesday, March 3, 2021

My PC

Just about all the critical applications are reinstalled.   I lost the macros I use in Word for my mass murder project (how many times do you need to apply a style to a newspaper title before you make a button for it?), but I have recreated them better.  The macros I use for grading papers are lost (how many times do you need to mark a sentence with "this sentence no verb" before you make a keyboard macro for it.  These are supposed to be in in normal.dotm, but I am obviously looking in the wrong spot.

VMWare 16.1 does not work with either Linux distro that I have used in the past.   I finally found VMWare 15.5 but it does not work either.  Cinnamon Mint comes up with logo but nothing else, and linuxcnc does not even boot.

On the plus side,  a longstanding annoyance seems to be gone.  Rebooting with the Lenovo docking station plugged into the USB port would often force repeated and always unsuccessful reboots.  But that seems to work reliably now.

No comments:

Post a Comment