Sunday, January 19, 2020

That Desktop I Am Buying to Replace the Compaq for the Mill

It has a 256GB SSD with Windows 10.  They are installing the hard disk from the Compaq as the boot drive.  Once I am satisfied that this boots well and runs the mill, I will swap the drives, repartition the Windows drive to dual boot Windows 10/linux, copy all my development from the linux drive to the linux partition, and make that my boot drive.  I may never use Windows on that PC, but why throw away a perfectly good Windows license?  Linux booting from an SSD on a relatively new and fast PC should be a joy!

1 comment:

  1. T ball. You are playing T ball I tell ya. This is an easy one to hit.

    "...a perfectly good Windows..."


    See "Oxymoron"

    Definition of oxymoron
    : a combination of contradictory or incongruous words (such as cruel kindness)

    ReplyDelete