Saturday, November 19, 2016

The Fall of the House of Clinton

Great Jonah Goldberg column, worth reading in full for his wit:
The ship’s antediluvian WiFi groaned downloading the document, like Michael Moore at Walmart trying not to stand up in his scooter as he strains to grab a family-sized tub of SpaghettiOs from a high shelf. The Travel Office, the commodities futures, the Rose Law Firm billing records, the Lincoln Bedroom, on and on it went. A great feeling of dread came over me....

James McDougal, Bill’s former business partner, once said that the Clintons ‘are really sort of like tornadoes moving through people’s lives.’
Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/g-file/442319/bill-clinton-hillary-clinton-house-clinton-finished
And to quote from The Great Gatsby:  "They were careless people, Tom and Daisy--they smashed up things and ceatures and then retreated back into their money or their vast carelessness, or whatever it was that kept them together, and let other people clean up the mess they made."

2 comments:

  1. I've always enjoyed reading J.G. but I let my subscription lapse and "don't drop by to say howdy" as often as I should.

    So thanks for the link; it's good to see that Goldberg hasn't alienated his affinity for alliteration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YMMV, but I no longer visit the NRO site for any reason. Trump supporters such as myself were not welcome there, and were heavily and heartily insulted for our ignorance and bigotry.

    So this old bigoted veteran, who is and has been a Trump supporter, says they can lay in their own bed, now they've made it; they might not mind the smell, but I do. Maybe it's just that pigs smell better to me than RINOs.

    ReplyDelete