Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Studded Snow Tires Are My Friends

Big O Tires in downtown Boise  installed the Firestone studded snow tires today, and what a difference.  My wife is still the only driver in the house, but she reports much greater confidence when driving on icy surfaces (which is all there around here now).  Even as a passenger I feel much more confident on the icy patches, like our driveway, and the studded tires certainly break up ice in the driveway.  Tomorrow, the Jaguar gets studded snow tires.  I am not crazy enough to try this on the Corvette.

6 comments:

  1. Even moreso than the Corvette, the concept of studded snow tires on a Jaguar just breaks my brain a little.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you install all four, or just two for the "driving" wheels?

    ReplyDelete
  3. All 4, because the TrailBlazer, like the Jaguar, is all wheel drive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mauser: you should see the Jag climb a snow-packed driveway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I lived in Alaska, I always bought a second set of rims with studded snow tires. every year in the legislature, the state DOT campaigned for a ban on studded tires, since they do tear up road surfaces a lot. the Leg never gave in luckily.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I lived in Alaska, I always bought a second set of rims with studded snow tires. every year in the legislature, the state DOT campaigned for a ban on studded tires, since they do tear up road surfaces a lot. the Leg never gave in luckily.

    ReplyDelete