In Windows Explorer you could search all files at the current directory and below for Word files containg a word or words. It does not work in Windows 11 except for file names. Solution?
If you search starting at ThisPC it works.
Conservative. Tennessee (now). Ex-Idaho. Software engineer. Historian. Trying to prevent Idiocracy from becoming a documentary.
Email complaints/requests about copyright infringement to clayton @ claytoncramer.com. Reminder: the last copyright troll that bothered me went bankrupt.
Solution?
ReplyDeleteLinux.
First, I don't have Windows 11 to test this on, but I do have an HTA program (vbscript with a graphic interface) that queries the windows search database directly. Like Explorer, it only searches folders included in the search index. I still have my notes from developing the program. If you have my Google email (used to login so I could comment), you are welcome to contact me.
ReplyDeleteI use Agent Ransack, the free 'lite' version of Filelocator Pro. https://www.mythicsoft.com/filelocatorpro/
ReplyDeleteImpressive. Thanks.
Delete