Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Today's Argument Against Centralized Control

The first Shell I went into today, I could not pump gas.  The worker inside explained that someone had driven off without pulling the pump out of the car.  (I've done that once myself.)  So all pumps were disabled.  Sort of makes sense.  Remember the scene in The Birds where one Angry Bird knocks out the guy pumping gas?

At the next Shell, gas was not pumpable either, and the attendant had no idea why.  I am guessing all Shell stations in a particular area (hopefully, Boise, not Idaho) are ried together in some overly paranoid safety scheme.

1 comment:

  1. I had an experience in Flordia in the 80's. Someone had hit the manual shutoff and the attendant had no idea how to reset the system. Come to think of it, I don't remember seeing a manual shutoff at gas stations now, at least not one where anyone can hit it.

    ReplyDelete