Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Hawaii Five-O Episode

I was a big fan of the original series.and regular readers know that I like the revival of it. 

I was shocked and thrilled by a recent episode in which the bad guy who uses an armored bulldozer to rob a gun range did not turn into gun control propaganda.  The bad guy is a gun control advocate angry that his son was killed in a mass shooting (the son being the shooter) and takes the Hawaii Supreme Court hostage to force media coverage of his demand for an assault weapon ban.   One of the justices shoots him.  Even better is that McGarrett  and Danny Williams have a reasonably fair discussion of the merits of gun control.  Danny is from New Jersey and wants to fly over the country with a big magnet to take all the guns (except his,  of course) and McGarrett points out the flaws in his reasoning and that he is allowed to defend himself; why not ordinary citizens?  And if this giant magnet is going to work,  why not start riding unicorns to work?   They also discuss how Hawaii had some of the strictest gun control laws in the country.

1 comment:

  1. Dang. I missed this episode. (In my defense, I defer the decision of what to watch to my wife. Thus I can tell you about the last few contestants on Guy's Grocery Games and I know that Puddles Pity Party did not make it into the semifinals of America's Got Talent.)

    I'm sure we will catch it on reruns, though. I'll have to keep an eye out for that episode.

    ReplyDelete