Thursday, August 17, 2017

Has Anyone Successfully Used PowerPoint in Presenter View Mode

Microsoft has instructions that tell how, but they do not seem to work.
Set up PowerPoint to use Presenter view with two monitorsOn the Slide Show tab, in the Monitors group, select Use Presenter View.Monitors group on the Slide Show tabWindows Display Settings should open.In the Display Settings dialog box, on the Monitor tab, select the monitor icon that you want to use to view your speaker notes, and then select the This is my main monitor check box.If the This is my main monitor check box is selected and unavailable, the monitor is already designated as the primary monitor.Select the monitor icon for the second monitor—the one the audience will watch, and then select the Extend my Windows Desktop onto this monitor check box.NOTES: If the display settings don't open, do the following:Windows 10: Click Start > Settings > System > Display. At the top, under Customize your display, is a diagram of the screens connected to your computer, with each screen numbered. If you are connected to a project, typically it will be represented in the diagram as screen 2. Select screen 1 in the diagram, then scroll downward. Ensure that the check box named Make this my main display is selected. Above that check box, in the Multiple displays list, select Extend these displays.Windows 8: Right-click the Windows Start button, click Control Panel >Display > Adjust resolution. In the Multiple displays list, click Extend these displays. Select the monitor on which you want to view your speaker notes, and click Make this my main display.Windows 7: Click Start > Control Panel, and under Appearance and Personalization, click Adjust screen resolution. In the Multiple displays list, click Extend these displays. Select the monitor on which you want to view your speaker notes, and click Make this my main display.
And yes, Display Settings does not open.  Using the Control Panel I have already set my main display, and extended to second display.  What I get on my laptop screen is the Presenter View (the current slide on the left, the next slide and current slide notes on the right).  On the extended display I get the current slide.  I really want my Presenter View on my main display.

I disconnected the laptop display hoping it was just confused by three displays.  Did not change behavior.  Presenter View still showed up on the disconnected screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment