Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Sleep Apnea: Treadmill Treatment

I have battled sleep apnea for years.  I have started using the Sleep Cycle app to measure how well I sleep.  The score the nights I go to the gym is usually 78%.  I treadmill every other day.  I have worked up to 2.2 miles, mostly at 2.3 mph.  The nights that I treadmill, the scores goes to 100%, and I usually sleep through, with little or no dopiness from the previous evening's Seroquel.  I suspect the improved sleep is burning off the Seroquel.

I wonder if the increased bipolar disorder problems since the stroke is that, even though my day job was sedentary (software engineer), there was still a bit of walking around during the day: to the coffee pot, lunch room, walks during the lunch hour, from parking spot to office.  It doesn't sound like much, but it is more than I was getting until recently.

I am going to start treadmilling one mile the days that I go to the gym as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment