Thursday, June 12, 2014

Another Number You Should Ignore On Your Caller ID

860-872-6804.  The robocaller says that it is Discover Card Account Services, but it is a thick East Coast accent that no serious business would use -- I guess Vinnie has something better to do than break legs for failure to pay off the 10% per week loans.  When I pressed "1" to talk to someone, the person at the other end immediately hung up when I asked what company it was.

The number itself is spoofed; it is not in service.  They have called me twice now in the last two days.

2 comments:

  1. See also this post by Coyote: http://www.coyoteblog.com/coyote_blog/2014/06/beware-of-scam-calls-from-816-420-4632-or-866-680-8628.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want someone to invent a phone app that redirects sales robocallers to political campaign robocallers, and vice versa.

    ReplyDelete