Saturday, March 30, 2024

More Evidence California Has No Future

3/30/24 New York Post:
"A fed-up California couple has been ordered to stop repairing the local roads themselves that the local government wouldn’t fix which caused several problems with their vehicles.

"Alex and Daisy De La Rosa were issued a cease-and-desist letter from the City of Compton because they took it upon themselves to fill in the potholes that have wreaked havoc on the streets throughout the city."

 I had a similar urge to repair the potholes on Old Highway 55 when I lived on the mountain above Horseshoe Bend.  I counted the number of bags of Cold Patch needed and thought, "I could do ten cheaply enough and encourage my neighbors to do the rest.". At least our county government would likely have seen this as a charitable contribution.  We are not California.

No comments:

Post a Comment