Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Very Busy

But I need to take a break every once in a while.  I am writing a rebuttal to Prof. Saul Cornell's "expert declaration" in the challenge to Hawaii's assault pistol and LCM ban.  

It is amazing how his declarations just keep getting worse and worse and Hawaii is paying him $750/hour to produce crap that even just looking up citations shows he is misrepresenting.   

But there is some fun as well.  At one point he claims that were few pistols in the Colonial era, and those were mostly dueling pistols in the hands of wealthy and elite sorts.  (Yes, rampant Bellesiles-ism.)  Of course, I have more evidence proving him wrong on this than I can reasonably use.  Thousands of 1720s through 1760s newspaper articles and ads for pistols.  And archeological digs with pistols and pistol bullets.  And I get paid to do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment