So much right about space. That we (and I mean the United States at the height of courage) actually did it in a way that was actually far more complex and without anything as advanced as nuclear propulsion less than 20 years later is amazing.
Conservative. Tennessee (now). Ex-Idaho. Software engineer. Historian. Trying to prevent Idiocracy from becoming a documentary.
Email complaints/requests about copyright infringement to clayton @ claytoncramer.com. Reminder: the last copyright troll that bothered me went bankrupt.
Saturday, June 26, 2021
Destination: Moon
You may know of this 1950 movie. I just started watching it on YouTube. Even within the first few minutes I am amazed. Based on a Robert Heinlein novel who was also one of the screenwriters. Chesley Bonestell as the space art consultant. A story of American industry not the government (doubtless Heinlein).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks, I haven't seen that film in a long time. I'm ready for a revisit.
ReplyDeleteActually, Heinlein's novella (not long enough to be a novel) was adapted from the screenplay, which came first.
ReplyDelete