Monday, March 7, 2016

Windows 10 & Microsoft Login

I can no longer use my Windows 10 notebook.  It wants a password, but for my Microsoft account, which thinks my name is Leonardo Petterson.  Nor can I reset my password.  There are dozens of pieces of information it wants including subject lines of recent emails I ave sent, which I don't remember.  Microsoft accounts are hell, and I don't see a way to restart my PC without the Microsoft account.
Nor can I create a new Microsoft account.  What trash Microsoft is.
How do you change from the default Microsoft account if you can't login?
Reinstalling Windows 7 from recovery discs.
Nothing Microsoft really evervworks.  The recovery discs are not.  I think the reason for the odd name is that I briefly tried to use Windows 8 when I was in the hospital.  I returned the PC and it disappeared in transit.
Disconnecting the Microsoft account seems to be the highest goal.  Northwind  computers is working on it.  I confess every time I have to interact with microsoft, I start thinking Linux.

3 comments:

Marc C. said...

As far as I know, you need to choose a non-Microsoft account during setup or you need to be able to sign in to setup a local account for future use. http://www.networkworld.com/article/2956427/microsoft-subnet/how-to-setup-a-local-account-in-windows-10-during-or-after-installation.html

Patrick Heyman said...

Windows 10 seems pretty decent on a windows 8.1 computer, but coming from Windows 7, I've experienced nothing but disaster.

Geek to go ... said...

As Mark C. said above on initial powerup you have to deny the Microsoft account a couple of times before it will allow you to create a local account on a clean, I.e. non-upgrade, install.

JLW III