Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Slow Down, You Move Too Fast

Not just a Simon & Garfunkel song.

Amazon delivered a disk drive today that I ordered yesterday.  But I wasn't paying enough attention, so I otrdered a 3.5" drive; I need a 2.5" drive,  The good news is that the Sabrent enclosure also arrived, and I am successfully copying all my files from the failing 1 TB drive to my backup drive.  It looks a bit strange: USB cable on the left from the Sabrent, USB cable on right to the backup drive.  Of course USB to PC to USB is very slow.

I have ordered the right drive from amazon for tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. I LIKE "Amazon"; they are big enough to recognize that return customers are grown by customer satisfaction, and their business practices follow that priority.

    They are my primary online vendor; if I can buy it from Amazon, I will. If something goes wrong ... "your fault, my fault, nobody's fault" (to quote from Big Jake) ... they will do whatever it takes to make it right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The problem with continuing to use old machines is missing out on new technology. I have a USB3 flash drive that, when plugged in to a USB3 port, can be read off of at well over 100MB/s, and can be written to at up to 40MB/s. No USB2 drive can be that fast. More expensive USB3 drives can be significantly faster.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are USB 3 drives through USB 3 ports. I am just impatient.

    ReplyDelete