Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Slow Down, You Move Too Fast

Not just a Simon & Garfunkel song.

Amazon delivered a disk drive today that I ordered yesterday.  But I wasn't paying enough attention, so I otrdered a 3.5" drive; I need a 2.5" drive,  The good news is that the Sabrent enclosure also arrived, and I am successfully copying all my files from the failing 1 TB drive to my backup drive.  It looks a bit strange: USB cable on the left from the Sabrent, USB cable on right to the backup drive.  Of course USB to PC to USB is very slow.

I have ordered the right drive from amazon for tomorrow.

3 comments:

Jerry The Geek said...

I LIKE "Amazon"; they are big enough to recognize that return customers are grown by customer satisfaction, and their business practices follow that priority.

They are my primary online vendor; if I can buy it from Amazon, I will. If something goes wrong ... "your fault, my fault, nobody's fault" (to quote from Big Jake) ... they will do whatever it takes to make it right.

Rick C said...

The problem with continuing to use old machines is missing out on new technology. I have a USB3 flash drive that, when plugged in to a USB3 port, can be read off of at well over 100MB/s, and can be written to at up to 40MB/s. No USB2 drive can be that fast. More expensive USB3 drives can be significantly faster.

Clayton Cramer said...

These are USB 3 drives through USB 3 ports. I am just impatient.