Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Nice Touch, Ted

The 1/19/16 Dallas Morning News reports that Cruz is still emphasizing the Christian roots of America in New Hampshire which is less evangelical than Iowa:
KEENE, N.H. — Sen. Ted Cruz’s campaign for president has featured strong references to faith and Christianity, which he says will help restore the country to greatness.

The Texas senator and son of a Carrollton pastor is sticking to religion, even in New Hampshire. The voting population there is heavy with libertarians and is not as influenced by evangelicals as the small towns in Iowa, where Cruz has had success in the polls.

“For too long there has been a spirit of fear and timidity in Washington,” Cruz told The Dallas Morning News on the second day of his New Hampshire tour. “We should not be ashamed of Christ. We should be willing to speak the truth with a smile.”

Cruz said the nation must return to its Judeo-Christian roots.
I think he isn't changing his message for the audience; that's courage and integrity.  The article ends with a statement that my wife and I believe really captures why this country is in trouble:
At every point on his tour, Cruz asked voters to pray for him and the country, using one of Ronald Reagan’s favorite Bible verses, 2 Chronicles 7:14, as inspiration.

“If my people, which are called by my name, would humble themselves and pray, and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear their prayers and will forgive their sins and I will heal their land,” he said.

2 comments:

  1. I think he isn't changing his message for the audience; that's courage and integrity.

    That's good, but the change you and I are particularly interested in, seeing as how it adversely affected our careers before we became disabled, is his switching from proposing to increase H-1B quotas by a factor of 5, from 65K to 325K/year, to a "six-month moratorium". We'll be proving the false consciousness theory if we vote for him this year....

    That said, I can conceive of voting for him after hard thought, Rubio (or the now extremely unlikely ¡Jeb!), no way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hga: Agreed. I am planning to vote for Trump as the ultimate stick it to the Chamber of Commerece Repub establishment.

    ReplyDelete