Saturday, September 5, 2026

Fresh Scalps!

 U.S. v. Aleman-Lozanociting Vazquez-Ramirez, 163 F.4th at 719 (Bumatay, J., concurring) (quoting Clayton E. Cramer, Colonial Firearm Regulation, 16 J. on Firearms & Pub. Pol'y 1, 23 (2004) upholding bans on illegal aliens possessing arms.

U.S. v. Vasquez-Ramirez, 163 F.4th 706, 720, 721 (9th Cir. 2026)(Bumtay, J., concurring) upholding bans on illegal aliens possessing arms.

I am still thrilled to get my work cited. There are few pleasures in life; I take 'em where I can get them.

2 comments:

  1. How did you get into this line of researching stuff for cases? I think it's great the work you do...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. California passed an assault weapons ban in 1989. Unlike handguns, which were and still are, widely used by criminals, this law was aimed at a category of weapon very rarely criminally used. I was so incensed by the stupidity of it that I changed major from computer science to history.

      A friend was a Cadillac mechanic. He was similarly so infuriated that he went back to college, completed his bachelor's, then went to law school. He now teaches law.

      Delete