Sunday, June 17, 2018

The Dog Went to the Veterinary E/R Yesterday

Hard lump under jaw.  Vet thought it was an abscess caused by cheat grass.  But because location and feel seems like a bubo. he had to call the state epidemiologist for bubonic plague screening.  I rather doubt it.  For one thing, I am not hearing:

Procedure to remove abscess went well; she is home.  I wonder if this might be related to the snake she pulled out of a hole a few days ago, running away with both ends of the snake flopping up and down attempting escape.

2 comments:

  1. Taking my boy cat to the Vet tomorrow, hopefully. Hopefully we will have rain tomorrow morning and he will stick around until I can get him in the carrier and to his 9:00 appointment. He seems to have a distended/swollen belly which seems to make him lay down to one side. I am hoping its something simple, he's only two years old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vet diagnosis: He's becoming a fat cat. 12.5 lbs which is getting too heavy, so like me he starts on LoCal and perhaps I start picking up the bowls so he can't nibble between meals. The Vet felt his being more an outdoor cat is why his weight isn't worse. But he is a boy cat so he tends to gain weight easier then his sisters (who are lean mean prowling machines).

    ReplyDelete