Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Mixing Music

Some nice person recommended the Scarlett 2i2 for this.  So far, very good.  I discovered all the microphones with the right sort of jack we have are mono mikes.  So when Audacity combined guitar and mike, we had two mono tracks, one in each channel.  Howver, Audacity has a Mix to Stereo control that produced a pretty decent stereo result.  My wife is both pleased and I think somewhat amazed what we can put together in our kitchen!  She has written a lot of worship songs, and I suspect we'll put together a CD and offer it on Amazon soon.  Remember: you make more money entertaining people than educating them.

1 comment:

  1. I get emails from Guitar Center and via them I found out they now have really cool little things that essentially hand held studios. The Zoom H1 Handy Recorder seems to be the cheapest at $99. Take a look at them and see what you think.

    ReplyDelete