Judge William Sullivan reminded the courtroom that orders and statutes covering "jurors, witnesses, attorneys and others" in the Lindsay Clancy case are "being enforced and will be enforced," a day after an arrest outside the courthouse.
Someone photographing jurors was arrested for intimidation. Look, I think Clancy has a strong postpartum depression insanity argument and she should not be executed, but the feminists who are turning her into a victim of patriarchy are just purple-haired septum ring crazies.
Over on Quora, Leftists have characterized conservative opposition to an acquittal for Lindsay Clancy as some sort of argument against post-birth abortion. Here and everywhere else I have read about this case, the discussion has not involved obliteration of the bright-line limit of birth on infanticide, but an argument in favor of recognizing that women should be considered equal to men and also have agency, responsibility and the duty to face consequences for their actions.
ReplyDeleteI even read a blather (a worthless posting) somewhere about how Astrology (!) assigns responsibility for these murders to her husband.
Is there nothing men can't be blamed for? Ted Hughes, husband of the late poet Sylvia Plath has been almost uniformly blamed for her suicide. On the other hand, I have not seen anyone blame John Berryman's suicide in 1972 on his wife. Apparently, Ms Plath, weak feminine vessel that she was, had no agency or ability to make choices about her life, while men like Berryman had agency and the ability to affect his destiny even after he pulled the trigger, and right up until the bullet left the barrel.
Such sexism! I would have thought stinking thinking would have completely left the public stage and mind by now
What you are seeing is leftist soft bigotry of low expectations.
DeleteYes. The job title "forensic astrologer" made me feel stupid just reading it,
DeleteIndeed! When I read the blather about fault assigned via astrology, I had to quickly look away, fearful that what neurons I have still on speaking terms would permanently separate and never reconcile.
Delete