Thursday, July 25, 2024

Just For a Moment, It Is 1966!

The madness was just starting,  I was 10 and I could enjoy XLNT tamales.   They are a Southern California brand but they now sell interstate foe those of wanting a taste of a good time, long, long ago.



I used to cook them wrong.  I took the paper wrapper off and put the plastic wrapped tamale in boiling water for 35 minutes.   They turned okay anyway 

Microwave instructions say 4-5 minutes.   5 browns the ends too much: 4 minutes next time.

We now return you to a time when medieval antisemitism is the sign of being a student at America's elite universities. 

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know they made Tamales. We used to buy their Chili, especially when we had leftover roundsteak or seven bone steak to chop into it. I saw recently that XLINT Chili was still available. I'll have to look for the Tamales. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try an air fryer. (I defrost small burritos in the microwave for a minute, then air fry. they don't burst that way, but are heated through.)

    ReplyDelete