Thursday, January 30, 2020

Bargain at Wal-Mart

Because I stole one of my three monitors from the PC where I do my mass murder research (one for the spreadsheet of horror; one for the newspaper page; one for the Word file that contains the summary of each crime) to operate the mill, I needed another monitor.  I had planned to buy a used one on Craig's List for $25, but my wife wanted me to buy a new one.  Wal-Mart had a 22" 1920x1080 in their store for $75.  While headed to the men's room with that monitor in my cart, I found the 24" version marked down to $50.66.  It was a display model.  The maker is ONN and it is even nicer to look at than the other two.

2 comments:

  1. I use an inexpensive 1080p 32” TV set for a monitor. I’m even using the built-in speakers through the HDMI interface. I also had my Mac Mini on the second HDMI port on the TV. Very convenient to switch back and forth with just the change input button on the TV remote. It only cost $215.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I think of the good old days when owning a 25 inch TV was a big deal.

    ReplyDelete