Friday, January 9, 2015

Multiple Displays

Ever since I worked for Paladin in Bend, Oregon, I have been thrilled by multiple display systems, really useful for debugging.  The docking station for the ThinkPad supports two external monitors.  With some help from my very organized wife I rearranged the desk.
The 23" monitor is 1920x1080, and the 20" monitor is 1600x1200.


Jeff Dege said...

The next thing you need to do is to get your monitors off the desk. I hang my from the wall behind my desk, you might need arms.

When I started hanging my monitors, and moved to a wireless keyboard and mouse, I found I had a clear desktop - for the first time in 30+ years. And I was surprised how much of a difference it made.

Clayton Cramer said...

Great idea. but there is a window with a great view there.

Jeff Dege said...

That's why I said you might want to think about monitor arms.

Mauser said...

Way back when I worked for Claris, I had my machine set up with three monitors. That was wonderful. And back in the 90's, it was trivial to do with Macs.

My first job out of college I worked for a company that did briefing systems for the military, and supported up to 6 monitors. And I basically re-wrote the program they'd bought to run the displays. So, yeah, I wrote a 5-screen-one-control-screen version of PowerPoint before PowerPoint existed. And back then, a maxed-out Mac II would end up having more memory in those 6 640x480 video cards than it had on the Motherboard (A whopping 8 Meg!).

mariner said...

What kind of graphics do you have in that ThinkPad?