Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Speaking before the State Affairs Committee went better than I expected

I explained to the committee that I was recovering from a stroke and I was going to be as clear as I could be.  I ran into State Senator Buckner - Webb as I was leaving.  She had a stroke last year, and said I sounded fine.

Among the interesting results of adding gender identity in other states is that people get to use whatever sex bathroom or locker room they want.  One of people who testified was a Transgender detective from the Twin Falls Sheriff's Dept. He/she thought this was a great thing.

1 comment:

  1. I've been told that (parts of?) Europe do not have separate restrooms. I'm wondering how well that works. I would think it would be helpful at public venues, since the lines at women's rooms tend to get quite long, due to it taking longer for them to use the facilities than men do, generally.

    I suspect that it would require growing up in the culture for it to not be problematic.

    ReplyDelete