We need to get rid of H1B workers. There are Americans who can do that work, and H1B workers are cheaper and undercut wages. We need more computer science scholarships. When I was a kid, I remember being mortified by Sputnik, but in a few months everything was STEM [science, technology engineering and math]. You took STEM classes and you got a scholarship. We trained people, we gave them jobs, we became the best in the world.
We need to put pressure on the system to open up.
Conservative. Tennessee (now). Ex-Idaho. Software engineer. Historian. Trying to prevent Idiocracy from becoming a documentary.
Email complaints/requests about copyright infringement to clayton @ claytoncramer.com. Reminder: the last copyright troll that bothered me went bankrupt.
Wednesday, December 31, 2014
I May have to Rethink My Concern about H1Bs
A December 20, 2014 Fortune interview with Jesse Jackson:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"Even a blind pig..."
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year, Clayton!
Even a stopped clock is right twice a day. I bet Jackson recants this when the other tranzis lean on him.
ReplyDeleteNo need to ban the practice; just require a sufficiently high wage + benefits cost per hours worked that companies will try hard to find an American before hiring abroad.
ReplyDeleteIf you really *can't* find some unusual flavor of engineer already in the US, that's one thing. If you can't find an American because you're offering $40K for an average 60 hour week and requiring two industry certifications, that's another.
I read that article, and felt an almost overwhelming urge to bet on the Cubs to win the Series.
ReplyDelete